Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Presario F700 WON'T BOOT!! Need some advice plz!!

UPDATE (2/16/2011): no bragging or anything, but I'm a systems engineering student, hence I'm quite familiar with the inside of a PC. So the update is this: I left the computer to rest for well over three months since I had no time to get it fixed whatsoever. After that, I plugged the power in and turned it on and then the infinite cycle began: turned on then off, turned on again then off again, on & off, and so on, nothing new about that. I left it in that cycle for 20+ minutes. Then I did the ESCAPE KEY trick and forced it to stop the cycle & stay on. I left the computer in that turned-on-but-doing-nothing state (monitor off but the fan still spinning) for over 5 minutes, and then... POOF! white & black lines showed all over the screen, leading me to believe that it's a video chip issue indeed. Since it only showed me white lines and did nothing, I disconnected the power, reconnected it and guess what?! Yup! To my surprise THE COMPUTER BOOTED! Unfortunately, after 10 minutes of use, the whole screen turned black, showed other color lines and the computer freezed - same thing that triggered this whole situation, but after the good ol' unplug-&-plug-the-power technique, the pc booted normally and I'm still using it to this day (a few days after the repair actually lol) though with a fan cooler under it. However, this is a short term solution to a bigger problem. The issue may still very well be there. Sooner or later I'm afraid my computer will just collapse again. Hope ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBXe65G2pG8&hl=en

Visit : HTC Phone Club

No comments:

Post a Comment